SOLD OUT! To support kids and their school gardens in Boulder County (and be notified of next year’s tour), make a donation here: https://gardentotable.kindful.com
If you would like to be notified about next year’s tour and other upcoming events and programs, please sign up for our newsletter here: https://gardentotable.org/signup/
Choose your own Adventure!
June 25, 2022 | 9 am – 2 pm
Please, no dogs on the tour.
Check-in will take place at two locations between 9 am and 1:30 pm. Please print your ticket at home; it will be attached to your confirmation email. At Check-in, you will show us your ticket (or email confirmation) and pick up your Garden Tour Guide including a map and descriptions of the gardens. Choose whichever check-in location best meets your needs, interests and abilities. Total round trip distance is about 3 miles and 300 feet elevation gain.
- Flatirons Elementary, 1150 7th St., Boulder
- Amenities include: indoor bathrooms, bike racks, and a water refill station
- Downhill from most of the gardens. Ideal for folks walking or biking the whole tour that want an easy downhill ride at the end of their day.
- Hospitality Tent for sponsors, volunteers and donors will be located here.
- The Academy University Hill, 970 Aurora Ave., Boulder
- Amenities: bike racks and water refill station
- No bathrooms will be available
- Live Music and refreshments from 11 am to 2 pm
- Uphill from most of the gardens. If you are concerned about the distance or elevation, we suggest you attend with a friend, leave a car near Flatirons Elementary and start the tour “at the top” at The Academy.
Gardens are located in 3 clusters: the North Cluster (3 gardens including Flatirons Elementary Check-in), the Middle Cluster (4 gardens) and the South Cluster (6 gardens including The Academy Check-in). Addresses will be available in the Garden Tour Guide with a link to a Google map to help with navigation. At most stops along the tour, you’ll find educational booths on a variety of topics related to sustainable gardening and yard care.
North Cluster Gardens
- Urban Farm with local nonprofit Masa Seed Foundation
- Natural Pollinator Garden
- Flatirons Elementary School Garden with local nonprofit Garden to Table *Check-in location*
Middle Cluster Gardens
- Living Roof with local nonprofit Colorado Native Plant Society * Steep ascent to this one *
- Creekside Sanctuary
- Flatiron Native with local nonprofit People and Pollinators Action Network
- Contemporary with Japanese Touch
South Cluster Gardens
- Graceful Elegance with local nonprofit Boulder Garden Club * The Academy Check-in location * Live music from 11-2 *
- City Park with local nonprofit Boulder County Beekeepers Association
- Waterwise Garden with City of Boulder’s COOL Boulder initiative
- Courtyard Oasis with Boulder County Extension’s Master Gardeners
- Urban Retreat with City of Boulder’s Open Space & Mountain Parks: Backyard Birds
- Old World Charm with guest artist Cathy Faughnan
Food & Drinks
You can plan your morning coffee, breakfast, lunch and cold drinks into your day’s schedule. We encourage you to visit our restaurant sponsors located in the area and included on the map:
- Alpine Modern, 904 College Ave., Boulder * Lemonade sale with all proceeds going to Garden to Table *
- Illegal Pete’s, 1124 13th St., Boulder
- The Corner, 1100 13th St., Boulder
- Indoor bathrooms will be available at Flatirons Elementary, 1150 7th St.
- No bathrooms are available at The Academy
- *As of Friday evening, Prime Dumpster has failed to deliver this portable toilet* Portable Toilet
willmay be available in between City Park and Waterwise Garden, in the alley just north of Cascade Ave. between 10th and 11th
- Portable Toilet is located at Chautauqua Park near Grant Pl. and Baseline
Parking, Biking and Carpooling
Parking will be available on the streets and could be difficult to find. Please carpool to limit the number of cars on the road. Walking will be a big part of your day, so please plan accordingly. We highly encourage folks to ride their bikes to and around the tour! Bike racks are available at the following locations:
- Flatirons Elementary, 1150 7th St.
- The Academy, 970 Aurora Ave.
- Chautauqua Park, near Grant Pl. and Baseline
Some of the gardens are more accessible than others and/or can be viewed partially or in full from the sidewalk, but unfortunately we can’t ensure complete Wheel Chair Accessibility.
- Middle Cluster
- Flatiron Native (view from sidewalk)
- Contemporary with Japanese Touch (view from sidewalk)
- South Cluster
- Graceful Elegance at The Academy University Hill (fully accessible)
- City Park (likely accessible in front and backyard)
What to bring
- Good walking shoes
- Sun protection
- Refillable water bottle
- Smart phone will allow you to use a Google map of the tour